[LRflex] Re: Further 'R Solution' Blather

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

Aram Langhans, I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart. :-)
Alas, my Employment Resources are unavailable anymore.
My 'genius' is only available for the good folks on LRflex because of the
illnesses which now keep me from gainful employment with anyone, let alone
Leica.

As for Leica's situation: I hope to God a 'mid-level' interchangeable lens
product is penciled in somewhere on their corporate calendar. Circled in Red
with 'do it' or be fired memos in everyone's inboxes. In writing. In
Triplicate.
:-)

The 'product line' hole they've got on the retail side seems pretty glaring,
even to little ole me. NO Leica won't ever be a Nikon/Canon with a dozen camera
tiers and new product launches every flippin 6 weeks, but I don't think having
$2000 tiers between Panny P&S's and the S2 camera bodies is to much of a
stretch
to build towards. Eventually. Maybe Now?

I 'hope' and think the S2 product commitment was Leica's "Line In The Sand"
saying they're going to be a 'real' camera company that makes more than M9's
and
M7's. The S2 goes after a market/creates a market other makers were'nt in
already. If Leica makes a commitment with the 'mystery' camera I've waxed on
about, which they designed and make themselves, they have a chance to take on
the Mirrorless camera guys with a differentiated product. One they own ALL OF
rather than me-to-ism with a rebadged micro four thirds/nex product. There has
to be a Genuine Reason to pay Leica prices for such a camera or all they've
done
is post-pone yet again their corporate death.

Meanwhile, I just wait-and-wait-and-wait until the beauracrats and lawyers and
waiting lists do their things and I'll regain the ability to be a Real Camera
Buyer!

Camera Prognistication is fun, but not as fun as a M8 with Summicron will be!

:-)

Peace
Richard in Michigan