[LRflex] Re: Full Frame Canon (Cheaper model) Announced

  • From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:52:55 -0700

on 8/23/05 12:59 AM, Julian W at julianw123@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> FYI.
>
> For those looking at the Leica-Canon alternative, and
> prefer Full Frame + better view finder, and of course
> don't mind mind paying quite a bit more, this might
> just be the solution.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05082209canoneos5d.asp
>
> Canon has announced the 5D, listed price US$3299. A
> full frame digital SLR, with "much better viewfinder"
> even for manual focusing.
>
> Read more at:
>
> http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_5d/inde
> x.asp
>
> ...Julian

Unfortunately the much better viewfinder is only .71 magnification and it's
still only a 12-bit capture.  The prices and specs are getting much better,
just not good enough for me to get too excited.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

    www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/