[LRflex] Re: Fuji Competitor to the X1

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:41:46 -0700 (PDT)

Ola David,
  I've been trying to point to what you're saying here for a few days now! :-)
"Can you imagine how well they'd do, if they made the body with a "generic"
mount, and supplied adapters for Leica "R", "M", Nikon,
Canon (Both EF-S & FD) lens mounts?"

  If Leica 'bridges' proper manual focus lens aperture operation onto a Digital
Camera with a Decent sensor the world will beat a path to their door! Just look
at how many people are jumping through hoops to put them on Micro Four Thirds
Cameras, on EOS Cameras, and on Nikon Cameras! Heck - they wrote about it in
Popular Mechanics just a few months ago. All these folks are coping with stop
down metering and focusing, dim viewfinders, and the mft's folks are coping
with
a 2x crop factor!
   Give these folks a 1.3x sensor or heaven forbid a Full Frame one! Then toss
in proper automatic diaphragm operation. Then sprinkle on top a real Autofocus
option for em with a market differentiating sensor shifting focus control --
it's Katie Bar The Door Time. The market research is already done: Folks are
already going to great lengths to plunk 'old glass' on their cameras and
putting
up with crap to do it. Sure it's a Niche Market, but I'd say it's certainly big
enough to act as a wonderful sales multiplier to a product which could stand on
it's own as a profit center.

Leica's are Expensive, why not give them even more reasons to buy one!

Richard in Michigan