[LRflex] Re: Fruit stand

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:53:13 -0800

Aram Langhans offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Fruit stand

> Thanks, Philippe.
>
> Most of my shots were indeed vertical because I was shooting for a
> magazine
> called Good Fruit Growers.  I submit photos for their cover and over that
> past few years I have been rewarded with 6 photos on the cover.  I agree
> that many horizontals were in front of me, but I took very few.<<<<<<

Hi Aram
Well there you go eh! Right there in your own words....

6 Covers, good on you! :-) Shooting photos with a cover design in mind
always creates an inner mind set of "looking for vertical format to fit this
type of design." It also creates a visual editing process as you are looking
through the viewfinder before you shoot. Camera always in vertical format.
Thinking about "space for magazine title" or over typing of inner stories.

Little things that control how we're looking! :-)

There really isn't anything more rewarding than a cover!! :-) You hold the
magazine, look at it carefully this way and that, the cropping, the
creditline, is it there? Lot's of little examining you don't quite do when
looking at an inside photo or layout.
cheers,
ted