[LRflex] Re: Friday Flower

  • From: "David Young" <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "philippe.amard" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 07:21:10 -0700

In a message dated 03/06/2011, philippe.amard said ...

> An afterthought - I had this Takumar , in fact both the 55 1.8 and the
> 50 1.4 along with a Spotmatic F and an ESII - fond memories of my
> first reflex cameras with good to excellent optics - I still have the
> 28mm 3.5 which was an excellent lens I loved.
> The 135mm was a gem at the time, really.

> Have fun David :-)

G'mornin' Philippe!

I played with the 50/1.4 a few weeks ago, and found it flared badly.  I've
just received a very nice, metal lens-hood for it ($6 inc. postage, on
*bay) and now need to try it again.

The macro-Takumar seems very nice.  I've been making a few more prosaic
shots of SD cards and the like, and it seems to work very well!  No AF, of
course, but for slow, methodical macro work, I don't think it's necessary.

Overall, I think I'm going to be very happy with the Macro-Takumar!  And,
the price was right!

Thanks for your kind comment on the Orchid Cactus shot.

David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake, CANADA

Wildlife: www.furnfeather.net
Personal: www.main.furnfeather.net