[LRflex] Friday 4 Sail...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:40:40 -0800

After much consideration, I have decided to sell my Leica 80-200/4 Vario-Elmar.

This is one of the very few made before the conversion to (the rather useless)
ROM mount. Thus, it will work on the SL & SL2, as well as every R camera ever
made.

This lens is in very good condition, but it *is* a user ... if you are a
collector, looking for perfection in all things, this lens is not for you.

If you are a user, and want one of the absolutely stellar image cutters in
Leica's R lenses, then you should consider it.

Also works well on Fuji, Sony NEX, A7 & A7R and Four-thirds and
Micro-four-thirds (Pana & Oly) cameras with inexpensive adapters (no included).

Glass is perfect ... the lens has always been behind a filter, so no cleaning
marks, front or rear.  All elements are absolutely clear, with no fungus,
hazing, etc. The mechanics (both zoom & focus) are silky smooth.

And, yes, this is the lens that was re-built by Leica after the great Solms
flood of 2006.  Works great!

Being a user, there are minor marks from use, but they are small.

See: http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Vario-Elmar.html

If you are interested, email me, off-list, for higher resolution versions of
these images.

Included are:

The 80~200/f4 Vario-Elmar, s/n 3698xxx
The original soft, fitted lens case (which appears to never have been used.)
The original Box w/all packing.
Original front & rear lens caps.
Original instruction booklet
B&W 63Ei-60EI step up ring.
B&W 62E UV Filter.

Price is US$ 1499 + US$ 47 for fully insured, shipment (to Canada or the USA.
Elsewhere, ask.) via Canada Post Expedited Parcel, with tracking number.
Paypal is OK.

(The value may attract some duty, so if you prefer, shipment by Expedited Post
with no insurance but with tracking number can be done for US $28. If you wish
something in-between, just ask.)

If you check the asking price on Flea-Bay, you'll find that my price is most
reasonable. If no takers by Tuesday, it will be offered there.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask& I'll do my best to
answer.   (dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

David.