[LRflex] Re: Fourth of July

  • From: William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:43:56 -0700

Cousins David and Philippe,

Thank you for your kind words.

We are indeed kin. My family on both sides came from England, my mother's
family in the 1640s, my father's later. My father was in France in WW II and my
late wife's maternal uncle Joseph Frank Rusting, of the 91st Division, was
killed just north of Clermont and Bar-le-Duc on September 26, 1918. He is
buried in Oakland, Calif., the family home, where a street is named in his
honor.

We are linked in many ways and July Fourth is a good time to remember it.

Bill