[LRflex] Re: Four Photos...

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:37:03 +0200

Flash use should never be excluded (I'm going to have enemies there) in anticipation. I sometimes got results that were, well, somewhat surprising, using a flash with low speed. Second curtain particularly.

Fine series anyway.
Thanks again
Phil...x

David Young wrote:

At 24/10/2007, you wrote:

Thanks David,
your shots give the feeling and as previously noted you have a steady hand without IS :-D
I like the light on these shots and n°3 and 4 are keepers IMHO.
I guess he'll be pleased to get those shots from you.
Thanks again
PHil...x

Thanks, Philippe!

I agree on Numbers 3 & 4, but I like #1 as well. The "flying fingers" seem, to me, to convey the feeling of the music being played. The trick is to get the shot steady enough that the piano looks good.

Of course, the fingers could have been "frozen" in time, with the use of a "twinkie light" (flash) but it would not convey the same impression.

Thanks for looking and commenting.