[LRFlex] Re: Fotodiox adapter question...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:25:18 -0800

Bob Palmieri asked:

So for those of you out there who have the Cameraquest version - do your adapter rings have actual springs behind the three lobes for retention pressure?? Ted??<<<<<

Hi Bob,
Mine, 20D adapters to Leica or vice versa ( 3 of them ) just locked into place and work very well without any wiggle-wobble whatever. And yes I suppose it maybe a tad more expensive, not sure, but hell I stay with a known quantity, Stephen Gandy Cameraquest, than messing with a bunch of unknowns.

Stephen Gandy has always been first and foremost with service and delivery, so I don't even consider anyone else. Actually I never look at anyone else!

Certainly when we see so many playing digi shooter EOS 20D - Leica R whatever lenses! Why bother with others? Go with someone who we know right off without screwing around. Remember.... KISS! He's an absolute known quantity.

Did I look to see how it fit? Springs etc? Nope it fits perfectly so why bother looking? And so far the adapter has delivered exactly what I expected and wanted...... being able to use my Leica R lenses on a 20D without any dumb ass problems!

ted