[LRFlex] Re: Fotodiox adapter question...

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:34:22 +0100

Hello David,
the Novoflex adapter is an incredibly tight fit to the R-lens, it has a tiny
release lever for a pin that engages in the U-shaped depression machined into the R mount. For the first few months it was such a tight fit that I had to use a very small screwdriver to prise the pin up to free it. Now it's "worked in"
it functions perfectly.
cheers
Douglas

David Young wrote:

All:

I purchased a fotodiox Leica-R to EOS adapter, for use on the Canon 20D that I see in my future.

Today I took it to my local shop, and asked to try it on their 20D. It worked fine, and the combo seems good. However, the lens wobbles in the mount. The problem is the Leica lens to Fotodiox adapter part. There is no problem with the adapter to Canon body fit.

Close examination of the adapter reveals that rather than using springs to keep the lens fitting tight, the Fotodiox adapter has slits cut in the actual flanges and they appear to be spread apart by a small wedge, to adjust the fit. It would seem that inserting a slot-blade screwdriver into the slits and then gently "thumping" it, would widen the gap and make the lens fit tighter.

So, my questions are:

1) has anybody had this problem, and if so, am I on the right track? Has anybody successfully made such an adjustment?

2) do other brands of adapters (Novoflex, Cameraquest, etc.,) use the same system, or do they have actual springs to ensure tight fit?

I'm pretty sure that a slight adjustment would work, but I'd like to hear other peoples experiences before I start "thumping" on it!

Thanks.

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
   http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm