[LRflex] Re: For the gear-heads amongst us....

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:07:44 -0700

At 16/03/2008, you wrote:

I wish I could find one to look at. The finder is the key for me. My Rebel XTi is piss poor, but it was a retirement gift from my wife and all I could afford anyway, so I am making due, but not so well with manual focus Leica lenses, even with focus confirmation. It is the metering that is so undependable. If it is indeed close to R8, then it would work just fine for me, but no one at any store I have access to has one. How does it do metering when you change the f-stops? Does it give the correct exposure say if you focus at f-2.8 then stop down to f-8? If I go to Seattle next weekend I will have to see if Glaziers has one. Wish I had an adapter to try, too. It will be a short visit, unfortunately (just a day trip) to check up on my mom before we take off for Death Valley and all points south.

Aram

Hi Aram!

Be warned... the E3 body is about triple the price of the XTi body, so if budget is a concern....

I will test, tomorrow, how well the exposure holds, when manual lenses are stopped down. So far, I've really only tried the Telyt, and I always shoot wide open. From what I've heard, the Canon stop-down problem has to do with the electronics they use, and it was simpler to compensate electronically, so they did. I have not heard of the Oly's having this problem, but, as I say, I will test tomorrow.