[LRflex] Re: For Ted... and everybody else....

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:18:16 +0200

David Young wrote:

Philippe wrote:

Wonderful colours - you lucky man.
You seized this opportunity at excatly the right moment - the riders going into late Autumn is very symbolic. A very well executed classic.

My pinch of salt : If they turn up again with such beautiful weather and as long as the leaves are as they look, you could try a vertical, not so close shot. I suspect there are tall trees behind the yellow foliage, which, even still green, would give even more depth to this magnificient picture, by using more space, particularly at the top of the photo.

Sadly, Philippe, I cannot do this, for two reasons.

1) after 12 to 14 days of 27+ weather (it hit 31 here, on Monday!), it cooled to 16 today. I was dashing about, shooting fall colours before the storm came up the valley. This afternoon it rained, with fairly stiff winds, and most of the yellow leaves are now on the ground.

2) above those trees are power lines,

You also suffer from that plague! Only Graham seems to find places where there are none.

and sky. And because of the coming storm, the sky was not all that attractive. Vertical was not an option.

Mine was just a suggestion David - I wasn't there and it was my imagination triggered by your superb photo.

In any case no BW for me on that one either :-D
Excellent !

Thank you! :-) Both for your kind words, and for taking the time to look.

Thanks for sharing the Canadian Indian Summer

My pleasure, as always.