[LRflex] Re: Focus Stacking - Final thoughts

  • From: George Lottermoser <george.imagist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:41:45 -0500

In most cases I prefer one shot macros - as they convey more "feeling" to me.
The stacking to control the focus in a photograph certainly has a place -
though it more often than not feels more clinical than aesthetically pleasing
to me.

If I were challenged to photograph this watch I'd be looking at tilting the
lens FIRST.
Then, depending on those results, may look to stack a couple exposures, IF
necessary.

a note off the iPad, George