[LRflex] Flower Market and Bird Market in Hong Kong

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 18:45:45 +0800

Hi Flexers,
On Thursday morning  Richard Mann and Joe Leung and I met the the B1 exit of
the Prince Edward Station of the MTR and visited the Hong Kong Flower market
which is even more busy than usual leading up to the Chinese New Year holidays.

Here's Richard from the shadow side exercising his M9:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/RichM9.jpg.html>

And here's Joe, laughing at me for out drawing him with my Auto focus Oly EM 1:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/JoeM8.jpg.html>

Flower Clipper from the shadow side:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/FlowerCut.jpg.html>

Flower seller - I especially like the catch lights in her eyes:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/FlowerSeller.jpg.html>

Purple Orchid (macro close up with the Oly 12 - 40 manual focus with magnified
focus peaking)

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/PurpleOrch.jpg.html>

After spending quite a long time at the Flower Market we strolled over to the
Bird Walking Park not far away.
Here older gentlemen come with their caged birds to give them an outing and to
sit and smoke and talk to each other.
We were a bit late and there weren't too many bird walkers around but we did
meet this gentleman who was
willing to have his photograph taken with his bird.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/BirdWalker.jpg.html>

Here's another view of Mr. Bird walker - with eye contact between him and his
bird:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/BirdWalker1.jpg.html

A lively blue bird - species unidentified yet - in his cage - I liked the
shadows and the eye catch light.
I also liked that the bird's owner had seed feeder and water feeder in colours
to match the bird. Very artistic:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/BlueBird.jpg.html

From the Bird Park we were taken by Joe to one of his nearby Chinese
Restaurants for lunch. Joe is a great source of
information about good inexpensive Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong and we had
a nice meal with just a bit of camera stacking:

Joe and me taken by Richard with my Oly EM 1. Richard noted the camera handled
the back lighting very well:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/HCJL.jpg.html>

And finally here is Richard again with his weapons of photo war:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HK201314/RichCam.jpg.html>

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard------