[LRFlex] Re: First shots from my 70 year-old black-paint LTM now up.

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:55:12 -0700

On 13/06/2005 at 3:42 PM Alex Hurst wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>For those of you who can bear to tear yourselves away from the
>digital debate, I've posted a few shots showing what a 70 year-old
>camera and lens is capable of. Both the camera and lens were recently
>overhauled by Malcolm Taylor, and judging by the results he did a
>fine job. I think the coating of the Elmar has probably made a big
>difference.
>
>Click on the black-paint Leica story at:
>
>http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
>
>and follow the links.
>
>Best
>
>Alex

G'mornn' Alex!

The shot of Steve with his new toy is brilliant on my screen.  Your shots do,
indeed, show what can be done with some very old equipment.

What meter/method were you using?

Overall, nice shots that show clearly the value in old equipment.

You are, indeed, a lucky man, to have such a wife!

Thanks for sharing!

David.

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC