[LRflex] Re: First DM-R shot...

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 00:38:01 +0100

Strange David,
I've just been discovering that shots taken with Zeiss lenses on the 20D
are giving me results comparable to what I've been used to expecting
from Leica on film. Does anyone know if the filter in front of the
sensor is tinted at all? Or maybe the Zeiss coating lets a slightly
different spectrum through.
Well, at least it's a colour, contrast and sharpness rendition that I've
not quite been getting with some of my Leica lenses, and which does
appeal more to my tastes.Maybe Zeiss lenses are even just a little  bit
"more compatible" than Leica with Canon DSLRs.
The following  Posy pics have been posted a while, so sorry to everyone
else who may already have taken a look.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3555
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3555_crop
Shot  with a Zeiss (Japan) 2,8/135mm at  between f2,8 and f4, sequence:
Raw - resize - convert to jpeg, maybe I should lower the highlights in
PS a bit on Posy's chin, they are a little burned out, but this more or
less what comes straight from the camera..

But, as I wrote before, make me a digital R7 and I'll be in there like a
shot.I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more from the DMR
Douglas