[LRflex] Re: First DM-R shot...

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:09:21 -0800

Andy Wagner wrote:

>UM David
>  I just opened the 12mgb file if you look into the eyes of the little girl
> you will see your own reflection (nice self portrait but a wee bit dark:-).
> Nice detail!!!

Ohmigosh!  You CAN!!!

I wanted the DM-R because the 20D just didn't deliver the fine detail
I'm used to in film.  The prints and photos are very nice, but just not
as crisp as I'd like.

I was warned by Joseph (from whom I bought the unit) that the learning
curve is steep with the DM-R, but once you get it mastered, it delivers
superior results.  On this last trip, I made many, many experiments, and
found my overall success rate dropped precipitously. However, the good
shots are GREAT!  As I learn from the experiments and master the
foibles, I still believe that the DM-R will be a winner for me.

Certainly, using it with the R8 and having the luxury of automagic
diaphragm, spot metering that really works, etc., is almost worth it in
itself!

Cheers!

--
David Young,