[LRFlex] Fill Flash Technique?

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:44:04 -0700

Hi Guys...

I've had a bit of luck with some fill flash situations... but dumb luck is what it was.... as I rarely use flash and almost never use fill-flash.

What I've done is measure the light and set the appropriate f-stop for 1/250th of a second (the X-sync speed on the R8). I then adjust my Vivitar 283 to the power level that nearest matches the f-stop the meter calls for. I pop on a Sto-Fen diffuser and fire!

Is this the right way? Is there a better way? Or should I just continue as I am? It seems to work! :)

Thanks.

David.
----------

David Young     |The LHSA Spring Shoot - Victoria, B.C.
Victoria,       |April 23 thru 25th, 2004.
CANADA. |Join the LHSA and join in the fun!

Victoria - voted #1 City in the Americas
        by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine - Oct 2003

Sring Shoot Information at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/spring-shoot.htm

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr