[LRflex] Female Anna

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 08:43:04 -0700

Hi David,
Thanks for looking and commenting. The Pana 100 - 300 is a reasonable performer
in my experience - equal to if not better than
the nikon 300 f4.0 - my other standard - and certainly better than the 300 f4.0
with the nikon 2 X extender. Rufous 4 was taken with the 300 f4.0
and the 1.7 extender which seems to be the "sweet spot" for the lens in terms
of sharpness with extenders. I am now trying out the new nikon
80 - 400 zoom and will see if that is better than the old 300 f4.0 which really
needs to be refreshed.
Cheers
Howard

From:     David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:14:54 -0700
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Female Anna

HI Howard!

I am, indeed, interested in the Hummer with the Pana 100-300.  It looks to be
not a bad lens at all - especially considering the apparent lack of flare,
despite the bright light in the upper right.

It would seem not to be as  sharp as the Rufous 4 image, with is also very
good.

To be honest, not so keen on the male Rufus "braking", as the eyes do not show.

O/w all good shots!

Thanks for sharing something which few of us manage to ever see!

David.

> Hi Flexers
> Here's a female Anna in the late afternoon light. Taken with a change of
> equipment - the Oly EM 1 and the Panasonic 100 - 300 @ 300mm. Processed
> in CS6.
>
> I know David will be interested in that! :-)
>
> <http://gallery.leica-
> users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hummers2014/P5110003Anna.jpg.html>
>
> Please look large. C&C always welcome.
>
> Howard------
> http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
> Archives are at: