[LRFlex] Re: Farkle

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:25:26 +0100

Xavier wrote in part:

You are right, it needs the SL away for a while. Or buy a donor, send the top& base plate for toning and mount it when back....

A large project anyhow.

There seem to be two divergent threads in the 'cameras as jewellery' school.

The first is the one we've been discussing - spend money to make it look different and more interesting. "To whom and for what?" I ask myself.

The other is the 'antique argument': enjoy the patina that comes from lots of use, and don't spend a dime. And, of course, it makes you look like a pro.

Personally I couldn't care less about brassing, dings or dents providing the camera and lens do their jobs.

One of the big problems with mint(ish) Leica kit is some people's reluctance to use it because 'it may affect the value'. It's a sad argument - these are tough cameras which thrive on exercise. All my Rs and Ms are in constant use. If they pick up the odd ding as a result, that's life.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
       +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@xxxxxx
Also: corkflor.2@xxxxxxxxxx (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019
   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm