[LRflex] Re: Fairs, AF, manual, etc...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:45:39 -0700

Hi Keith may I suggest.

>> Ted - I wonder, did you look at the last results that I posted?  I bet
you didn't!  (I'll send you some by e-mail, if you like!) Suffice it to say
that the Fuji shots you looked at aren't typical of my efforts...  I intend
that the next lot will be with the R-E; but I have to say that I don't feel
as confident or comfortable with it as I do with the Canon, and it
inevitably shows in the results.<<<<

By all means send them along. However if you are not comfortable with the
R-e and feel much better with the Canon why not use the Canon? Using gear
one is uncomfortable with at any time means potential for un-necessary
screw-ups.

One of the reasons I've stuck with Leica all these many years... they feel
like extensions of my hands and eye. To switch mid stream to full Canon or
Nikon would probably have been a disaster.

ted