[LRflex] Re: FZ: Fuzzillogic 11 - all

  • From: Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:13:00 +0100

Thanks gentlemen for your kind help and comments.

I found it hard to shoot Fuzzilogic on this funicular as I need slow exposures and the light was quite strong (exif gives you more about this), hence nb 1 is more about what I was looking for, and nb 2 too blurred to look like the one David has found on the net (Yes David, this is the very same car we take on our daily morning walk to the baker's) but also not Fuzzillogic enough in spite of the diverging tracks. Hence my question to you. David is also right when he suggests I used the zoom to produce the blur, but both cars were also in motion ;-) . To support Aram's view, I'd say that nb 2 is a mistake in a deliberate attempt at shooting Fuzzillogic :-D .

Thanks all for your helpful attention to my crazy project.
Amitiés
Philippe

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Feb 25, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Aram Langhans wrote:

Hi David. I guess my logic is that #2 looks more like a mistake than a deliberate attempt to do somethng. Or maybe it's the green that is distracting. I guess I just like the look and feel of #1.

But I have been told for 33 years by students I am strange....

that from students sounds like a complement...

of course I worked at U Cal Berkeley for a while...

I agree...#1 for me...

live dangerously,

Steve

Aram

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:24:34 -0800
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: FZ: Fuzzillogic 11

Philippe showed:

http://tinyurl.com/ypz999
http://tinyurl.com/2y74g9
G'Mornin' Philippe!

Here I must have one of my rare disagreements with Aram. Perhaps it is only my lazy mind, but I prefer the second shot because it is more readily recognizable. Still, I like the effect ... made by zooming during exposure?

For those who'd like to know what this funicular looks like, when Philippe has had not so many beers, see:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/funicular/Engelberg-Terrace/Terrasse-Bahn03.jpg