[LRflex] Re: FS: Four Third Zoom Lenses

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:00:35 -0700

> Yet, we have a G1 at home, rarely used these days and even if I
> mounted R and Canon FD glass on it for fun, it never occurred to me
> that the FT-ZD 7-14 might fare any better on an MFT than its MFT
> lumix counterpart.
>
> I also think the discrepancy between the bulk of the lens and the
> tiny bodies of MFTs would be more than a hindrance.
>
> Following Ted I tend to think simple now - and following George I
> consider systems.
>
> Hope this helps, not selling my lens, but you not making a mistake.

Hi Philippe!

I am considering adding one of the new OM-D MFT cameras to my stable.  Thus, I
am considering the adapter to my current FT lenses.  Yes, I know they are
larger, but they also offer a 200mm (400 eq. c/f) f2.8 lens that I love.  I
would also buy a set of smaller, appropriately sized lenses for travel.

But, I'd also like to use my older lenses on the 16mp body.  Only time will
tell if this is truly a practical idea.  Of course, first I have to *find* an
OM-D that I can look at, and see just how good (or not) the EVF is.  And that,
my friend, is proving difficult in my area.

Cheers!
David.