[LRflex] Re: FF M9 - 18mpixels - September?

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:30:27 -0700

On Aug 25, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

Charlie Falke wrote:

Doug Herr wrote:

"walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote: One of the contributors suggest that the R solution would be an >R adapter for a full frame M9. Any thoughts on the feasability of this?
<<<
Not a workable solution for my needs.

   I'm interested to know what else is wrong with it
other than clumsiness.

Nothing. The clumsiness is a deal-killer for me. I need a responsive camera (and I have heard that the S2 does not have the responsiveness I need, so if price weren't enough of a problem, shutter lag would be).

that's a killer point Doug, what do we know about the shutter lag on the S2?

and since we got into this, what do we know about R lenses on the M series, and vice versa...in terms of adapters, use, overall compatibility, and ability to focus at infinity?

Steve

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com