[LRflex] Re: FF M9 - 18mpixels - September?

  • From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:51:52 +0800

Firstly,

Thanks to all who replied to my query about the R8 and R9.  I've decided to stick with my R7 for now and invest any spare funds for now into acquiring a wide angle.

Here is that rumour...

http://leicarumors.com/2009/08/21/leica-m9-will-not-be-the-only-announcement-on-september-9th.aspx/

On Wed Aug 26 8:39 , Charlie Falke sent:

David Young wrote:
NOTE:  THIS IS A RUMOUR - I found it at: http://www.dentonimages.com/rumors.php?rumor=Leica%20M9  They claim to have found it at http://leicarumors.com/ , but I cannot find it there.  Still, http://leicarumors.com/ is an interesting site to poke around .. .especially their R10 rumours!

"According to LeicaRumors, a reputable French retailer is listing the Leica M9 as 18 Megapixels, Full Frame, and taking pre-rders for 5,500 Euros. They also post the date as September 10th. "

Still, if true, could be very interesting!

David Young

David,
   A very nice rumor, as rumors go.
1.46 USD to the Euro, last I looked. Sob. :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein