[LRflex] Re: European Fall

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica R <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:43:32 -0800

Elliot,

Here is what I can do in relation to the slides of the Algerian
riots of the 1950's.  I will dig them out, take them to Costco
who will make a CD.  I will mail the CD to you and you can
show them on the Leica R site.

I must remind you that some of them are very graphic and
show violence.  The French "Flics" were swinging their batons
and lead shot lined capes at the heads of the rioters.  Scalps
were torn, eyeballs torn out of sockets.  No magazine wanted
to buy any of my pictures, except one of blood running in
the street gutters and cobblestones. And they printed that in
BLACK and WHITE, so it looked like oil or dirty water!

If you look up the history of the Algerian Riots, you will see that
there were at least three sides in these conflicts.

But I am raving too much.

Jerry