[LRflex] Re: Epson EVF

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:49:53 +0200

Miha,

Why?

It would only have to be as deep as the most extreme lens register - around 5 to 6 cm at the most. No bulky mirror box required if it has a good EVF.

Sort of a digital equivalent of a Bessa L.

What Hartblei are doing has fascinated me for quite a while - we should keep an eye on them.

Cheers
Douglas

Miha Golobic wrote:
Douglas, implementing all this, you should expect the size of a Hasselblad body!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0909/09091503hartbleicam.asp

Miha

2009/10/16 Philippe Amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx <mailto:philippe.amard@xxxxxx>>

    You may say I'm a dreamer,
    But  I'm not the only one.
    ;-)
    John Philippe L1

    Douglas Sharp wrote:

        A bit of wishful thinking :-)

        With this new Epson development, I would like to see a camera
        as a "Universal Muliple Brand Lens Platform" addressing the
        problem of different lens-sensor registers by having a sensor
        that can be moved to the correct register for any brand of lens.

        Lenses could be attached with an adapter for each brand that
        translates mechanical motions (levers, pins, cams) into
        electronic signals for metering.

        Taking this a step further, a moving sensor could even be used
        with the Contax / Kyocera moving image plane concept to
        provide autofocus.

        Cheers
        Douglas

        Gary E wrote:

            I once wrote on another site that using a Panasonic GF-1
            or Olympus EP-1 4/3 camera with the Leica 70-180/2.8 may
            be a daunting task if not impossible to hand hold.  But...

            If they developed a body a little bigger than then current
            G1/GH1 with this EVF, can mount R lenses directly with
            auto aperture, meter as such with ROM or 3rd cam and if
            (meaning must in my case) it comes with a FF sensor, then
            I wouldn't mind using the live view the EVF would provide
            if the resolution is as they say.

            I've also wondered what this DSLR solution from Leica or
            3rd licensed party would look like or function like.
             Seems mirror-less interchangeable digital cameras are in
            vogue now with the manufacturers.

            "Anyway it is not difficult to imagine an X1 with EVF and
            an interchangeable lens mount.  For R glass there would be
            a crop factor however the wider focal ranges could be
            filled with new lenses.  Just idle speculation however I
            do feel that the future for interchanged camera systems
            has EVF written all over it."

            I don't disagree with this, but to have to buy new lenses
            to cover the wide angles would not be a viable nor
            acceptable R solution.

            Gary E

            ------------------------------Previous msg

            From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>"
            Subject: [LRflex] Re: Epson EVF
            Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:23:47 +0800

            Have lost the previous note from Doug concerning the epson
            crytal panel for viewfinders.  I'll be watching the
            development of EVF.  Seems to me that this device will eat
            quite deeply into the DSLR market as these cameras offer
            so many advantages not least of which is the small size
            without sacrificing much in image quality if anything.

            I have a Panasonic G1 and enjoy it immensely for its size
            and versatility.  Of course the VF does not match a
            traditional SLR however the potential is quite apparent
            and much better than any other EVF I have seen.  In fact I
            often forget it's an EVF and simply use it just like my
            other SLRs. One advantage is that you can see the effect
            of exposure compensation and spot metering in the finder
            and the resultant image is spot on the money, ie., WYSIWYG.

            I think an EVF camera may well be the solution that Leica
            talks about.  I know it's rumour but I heard it reported
            that a high level exec at Leica said that the Panasonic
            EVF in the G1 was the minimum acceptable quality ... does
            this mean they have been thinking about it?

            Anyway it is not difficult to imagine an X1 with EVF and
            an interchangeable lens mount.  For R glass there would be
            a crop factor however the wider focal ranges could be
            filled with new lenses.  Just idle speculation however I
            do feel that the future for interchanged camera systems
            has EVF written all over it.

            http://www.dpreview.com/news/0910/09101501epsonhtpspanel.asp

            Walter

begin:vcard
fn:Douglas M. Sharp
n:Sharp;Douglas M.
org:30629 Hannover, Germany;Annette-Kolb-Strasse 29
email;internet:Douglas.Sharp@xxxxxx
title:G2E Translations
tel;work:0049 0511 9585565
version:2.1