[LRflex] Re: EVF question

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:18:35 -0800

Just tried setting my Nikon D600 to monochrome.  took a RAW shot and in the
camera the preview was B&W.  I tried live view and it is showing B&W.  I
imported the RAW image into Lightroom.  In the import screen, it showed the
image in B&W, but when I looked at the imported image, it was in color.
Strange. I thought it would keep the “as shot” settings for the preview.  I
think it does for white balance.   I guess it mimics what Silkypix does for
David.   I’ll play further when I have some time, and see what happens.

Aram

  De : "Aram Langhans " <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  A : leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Copie à :
  Sujet : [LRflex] Re: EVF question

  Thanks. That is what I was wondering about. I guess I should switch my
  D600 to B&W RAW and see how Lightroom behaves. I would always shoot in RAW
  so you always have the option to go back to color if you would like. Having
  an EVF give you the B&W view could be a real advantage if you cannot think
  in B&W. I have not shot B&W film for quite some time, but I use to use it
  for about half my shots. One body with Kodachrome and one body with FP-4.
  Living the dream.

  Aram