[LRflex] Re: EVF

  • From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:52:40 +0200

George Lottemoser wrote:
"If the auto diaphragm works
and the EVF is well implemented
and the sensor delivers fine detail;
I'm more than willing to take a serious look."

Yes, but even then I personally dislike working with an EVF

But I have to admid I sometimes use the Live View option, but I'm more or less
forced to; when  shooting with my Elmarit 19 mm and the 5d Mkll it is almost
impossible to focus. You have to zoom in with the Live View.

Yes. It slows you down a lot. No dynamic shooting here!  But for what I'm using
this nice R lens it is OK with me.

What worries me is that some manufacters build in hard to find out software,
like on the digital Olympus PEN . It seems the aperture closes down when
focussing to dimm the light of the EVF.

Not a desirable option when you want to work full open and with a very
selective focus.

regards   herman