[LRflex] Re: EOS adapters was can you identify this bird?

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:42:57 -0700

Colin Howarth asked:

>About those adapters, any comments on EOS adapters? I've heard of =20
>Novoflex (150 EUR) and CameraQuest (175 $) Then on Ebay I see Chinese =20=
>made (Skink?) adapters for 22 EUR.

Hi Colin!

I used the Fotodiox adapter, with great success, and could find no
difference between it and the (double the price) CameraQuest adapter,
though I know that Ted used the CameraQuest adapters with great satisfaction.

I believe that the Novoflex adapter is the best of the bunch... it is
rumoured that the actual lens mount is made by the firm which
supplies them to Leica.   Nice springs for keeping the lens fitting
well without the need for any tweaking or adjustments.  (See
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/getting_a_grip.htm and
http://nemeng.com/leica/002f.shtml as well as:
http://nemeng.com/leica/017e.shtml )

As for the very low cost adapters, I've heard some reports that they
work just fine, and others that they do not.... or work only with
some lenses.  It is, perhaps, an issue of price, and quality
control.  Sorry, no experience, here.  Perhaps others can chime in,
if they've tried the others.

Hope this helps!

Limited Edition Prints at: http://www.telyt.com/
Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt