[LRflex] Re: Dumb idea? Good idea?

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:19:16 -0700

Hi David,
On Jul 17, 2007, at 2:44 PM, David Young wrote:

Lastly, I have found a piece of freeware, which I am testing.  It
seems to do the job of renaming files, using the EXIF data very
well.  It also can be used to copy files from your SD or CF card (via
a reader) to your computer, doing the rename along the way!  Slick!

I look forward to seeing it. I guess I have just accepted what Leica
provides and chose to customize the file names in post processing.

Your idea of being able to have Leica add the date in the camera is
much, much better (Are you listening, Mr. Lee?) but, reflexively, I
dismissed that unconsciously out of hand. Perhaps I was too hasty.

We'll see.

All the best,

Bill