[LRflex] Re: Dr Ted quoted by Ford?

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:26:27 -0800

David & Douglas  OFFERED:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Dr Ted quoted by Ford?
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/man-dives-through-ford-b-max-in-new-
commercial-video-50849.html

Hi Douglas!
It makes me wonder... if someone at the advertising agency saw Dr. Ted's
Barcelona Olympics image and thought  "I wonder if we..."

Probably doesn't violate Ted's copyright, but if it's not pure coincidence,
then it's a nice homage to Dr. Ted!<<<<<<<
Hi David & Douglas,
The commercial is shot exactly where my Olympic diver was taken at the Barcelona Summer Olympics 1992! Same diving tower and platform! With city back ground! No question! They had to see my diving picture to come up with the same location. WHY? It's an exact copy of location and city background when you compare my picture to video!!

The video requires an absolute clean background for the ad, the placing of the diver and car without anything protruding into the frame!

This video would never have worked at an indoor diving tower simply because they'd have run into all the piping, air cleaning ducts and other indoor paraphernalia installed in an indoor diving tower/swimming pool.

And the diver and car would never stand out as clean as here simply because the city background is so far away allowing for visual separation of subjects.

As you say....
Probably doesn't violate Ted's copyright, but it it's not pure coincidence, then it's a nice homage to Dr. Ted!<

Interesting situation. :-) And no copyright violation whatsoever.!

thanks for pointing it out.

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)