[LRFlex] Doug's Close-up pages.

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:29:24 -0800

All:

As promised, I've now posted two shots... one taken with the 800~200/f4 Vario Elmar at it's closest focus and the second using the 60->62mm adapter ring and the (gasp!) Nikon 6T two-element achromat close up lens.

I know it's sacrilege, but it's also cheap! And it works very well! Just look at the detail in the shawl on the fruit-lady. Also bear in mind that these are not studio shots. I put them on my balcony and fired away in broad daylight!

As always, they can be seen by going to www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr and clicking on Featured Photo.

BTW: in real life, these traditional German figures are about 5" (12.7cm) tall.

Given that the ring and 6T were CAD$20 each or the pair for about US$30, they sure beat the price of an ELPRO!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm