[LRflex] Re: :Douglas's monitor problem

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 07:14:22 -0700

At 01/09/2007, you wrote:
Morning David,

And unlike Douglas, I have not been fiddling with mine. I use a calibrated monitor
So do I (Spyder 2), my LaCie 19" CRT is playing-up, every now and again the picture collapses and the screen shows only a bright line across the middle, if I knew how to fiddle with it (ie.e. adjust it) to stop this I would be very grateful for any hints. Up to now a hefty thump seems to cure it for a couple of hours.
Cheers
Douglas

Good Mornin' Douglas!

Your story reminds me of when I first worked for my Dad, in the mid 1960's. We went out, after work one day, to pick up one of the old "console style" (wood cabinet) TV's, for repair. We could not miss seeing that there were two large, boot-sized holes in the cabinet ... one on each end; and had to ask how they came to be.

"Well", the chap explained, "It quit working, so I booted it and it came back on. A couple of days later, it quit again, so I booted the other end. That didn't work, so I called you." !!!!

Given the current low price of 19" monitors, it sounds like you need a new one! Either that, our you're going to need a "calibrated thumper", to avoid the holes! ;-)