[LRFlex] Doug Herr's Dickie Birds...

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:07:49 -0700

All:

I've long been inspired by Doug's Dickie Birds (my 97 yr old father's term for any bird whose name is unknown to him!).

But I seldom have much time to just wade through the various photos on his site. However, this evening I did have some time and was delighted with Doug's Yellow Warbler:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/yrwa0.html

and Golden Crowned Sparrow shots.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/gcsp00.html

Having attempted to follow Doug's lead in photographing small birds, I have come to realize just how difficult it is. The are hard to get close to and they move with such speed that it is incredibly difficult to focus on them - even with the lightning fast 400 & 560 Telyts - and shoot, before they're gone!

Well done, Doug! You've many marvellous shots - but these two, I thought, were exceptional. Even by your standards.

For the rest of us ... take a look when you have some spare time. Doug's site should be an inspiration to us all.

Best regards,

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm