[LRflex] Dog and cat

  • From: "KEITH LONGMORE" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 12:18:31 -0000

Hi all
Couldn't resist this, though it's nothing to do with Leica!

Eric's comment: 'Tiger is too smart and outwits my dog, who is also too
senile to chase her.' reminded me of a frequent occurrence when I was a kid,
in the 1950s.  My parents' house backed onto a large field, next to which,
in the next street, lived a Frenchwoman (ex-Resistance, and with a Croix de
Guerre) who had a poodle.  This dog was terrified of cats, so all the
neighbourhood cats frequently chased it round the field, accompanied by a
huge cacophony of barking, howling, and various feline noises.  It was
hilarious to watch.   If only I'd been into photography then!

Happy days.

Great photos, folks.

My R3: I bought another one from Adorama in the US.  This one works, except
for the battery test.  It was a little cosmetically challenged, with peeling
front leathers.  I replaced those this morning, and it looks as good as it
works now.  The other one?  Well, Mark at the Camera Repair Company is still
trying to sort it; every time he succeeds, and replaces the case, it stops
again after a couple of days. It has had several broken wires, dry joints,
dodgy switches, and a failed HIC. I think it had so little use that the
electronics have failed through age and inactivity.  Ever seen inside one?
Horrendous!!  A rat's nest of wires, pots, switches, sticky tape.  If ever
anything was designed to be unreliable, this was.  If/when Mark has had
enough, if it still won't keep going, then I'll sell it for spares.  It's a
shame, since it is excellent cosmetically, but unreliability isn't an
acceptable characteristic.

Best regards everyone

Keith Longmore