[LRflex] Re: Do You Rodeo? (For Richard in Mi.)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:00:58 -0400

On May 31, 2011, at 11:03 AM, "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Any Leicaflex user can though - others may have the wrong gear
> ;-)
> Ph

Philippe,
   There is Truth dripping from every part of that Sentence. Those 'Others' who
aren't lucky enough, wise enough, or experienced enough, to be shooting with
cameras that are easily used in Full Manual Mode quite likely have the 'wrong
gear'. :-)
    Further, the phrase 'any leicaflex user' is quite a telling one all by
itself. LRFlexers represent a subset of Leicaflex Users, who themselves
represent a subset of SLR users, who then represent a subset all the people on
earth shooting 'photographic images' with devices dedicated to the purpose, and
finally all of the above are transitioning to being a subset to the explosive
growth of the images being taken by devices not solely dedicated to being a
camera. (read: Cellphones & iPods).
    Our wonderful group of personalities, characters, and individuals, who
collectively ARE what LRflex IS, are also a remarkable collection of folks
versed in using the tools and methods of our chosen field of endeavour.
Hobbyist, Professional, Professor, Student, even the rare Nutter (me?) -
collectively we represent a small, small fraction of the world's population.
    In my opinion Philippe being able to say Any Member can successfully
Manually Operate a Camera all by itself 100% proves we're a very tiny slice of
Human Kind. :-)

Now, having said those glowing things about our little patch of the internet,
how about asking yourself how Evenly Knowledgeable, how Evenly Experienced, or
how Evenly Gifted, the members of this group are?

Sincerely,
Richard------