[LRflex] Re: Dm-R

  • From: telyt@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:24:02 -0800

> Quoting Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> > David, if you are not on dial-up check this thread on photo.net:
> >
> > http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00F5p6

HI Doug!

Yikes!  That's a HUGE thread!  Didn't read it all beacuse of time limitations,
not bandwidth...  but quite intersting, and fairly informative.

Seems a number of pros have moved into the DM-R and all are happy with it.

One point... they all acknowledge its limitations... but extol its virtues.
So far, the only limitations which have bothered me are short battery life (2
hrs to recharge for 3 hours use) and the slow (3 seconds) start up time. Both
can be a pain, but neither restricts quality.

I bought the DM-R because I couldn't see the fine detail in my prints that I
was used to getting with film.  No prints so far, so I cannot say the DM-R is
better. But, from what I'm seeing on the camera-back LCD, it certainly looks
better than what I was seeing on my 20D - which fairly closely matched what I
got in prints from it.

If it gives me the detail I want, I'll live happily with the drawbacks.

Am I happy with it?  So far...so good!  (Stay tuned!)

Thanks for the link.

Cheers!

David.