[LRFlex] Re: Digital camera while waiting for Leica

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:56:57 -0700

Gary Todoroff wrote:

I'm needing digital capture for work *now* and am wondering how other Leica
users have transitioned. The R8/9 digital back still won't be out for a few
months and may have startup problems anyway. In the meantime, a client would
like digital for a few book covers and the shoot will more than cover the
cost of some type of "prosumer" SLR. I'm leaning toward the Nikon D70. Would
love to use my Leica glass, but need to get digital direct capture going
soon. As usual, Leica is not just months late out of the starting gate, but
*years* late!

My current digital workflow is to shoot film on Leica or Hasselblad and scan
with an Imacon Flextight Photo (6x6cm film gives 135mb files at full
resolution). What have you used that has given reasonable quality in a
D-SLR?

Thanks,
Gary T

Gary Todoroff
Datamaster Designs
1824 County Ln
Eureka, CA  95501
datamaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.northcoastphotos.com

    www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

I have been using a Nikon D 70.. with nice results....Steve
www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm