[LRFlex] Re: Digital Modul-R news...

  • From: "Gary Pinkerton" <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:26:52 -0500

R8's haven't been too plentiful on the auction sites recently either.
I guess it's possible that used 8's and 9's could go up in price if the DMR is successful.
GaryP

From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Digital Modul-R news...
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:24:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A quick peek, this morning, at Leica's Web-site - shows the sensitivity if
> the digi-back has been increased. Originally, it claimed ISO 100 to (a
> minimum) of ISO 800. I see now that they are listing it as ISO 100 to ISO 1600!
>
> Of course, what quality is obtainable at ISO 1600 (noise, etc.) is still
> unknown, but I don't think that Leica would up the rating unless the
> results were 'reasonable'.
>
> Heck! Photokina's just a week away!

On another list it was noted that the supply of used R8 bodies has almost disappeared. I take that as anticipation of the Digital Module-R. Maybe Leica's doing something right.

   www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm