[LRflex] Re: Digital Leica "M"

  • From: pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 19:00:13 +0100 (CET)

Jerry,

> in the digital photo world.  A 2 year old digital camera would be
> obsolete. The advancement/ features curve vs. time is far too steep.

Depends whether you always want/need the very latest. Assess your needs and
look
which (second hand) camera may be well suited to do what you need (to take
pictures, not to show off)

I have just recently bought a used Digilux 2 and I like it very much. Two years
ago I bought a Fuji S2 Pro DSLR after the S3 had just been announed. It has
served me well and I am still using it occasionally as backup for the DMR. I
may
be selling it soon and will lose less than if I had bought it new. It will
serve
the new owner for a couple of years more provided he does not need to show off
the very latest gadget.

BTW, I also bought both the R9, the DMR and all of my Leica lenses second hand.
For the DMR I paid the list price but got it earlier than if I had to wait in
the queue.

I am still using a 4 year old 1MP Olympus P/S which I always keep in the car.
It
still makes good pictures for prints up to 8x10.

Don't let yourself be be talked by the ads, marketing lingo and the Johnses
into
always buying the newest and latest.

Peter