[LRflex] Re: Digilux happy Snaps

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 14:51:30 -0700

Xavier showed:

>And we visited the Chateau de Carrouges:
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Normandy/_1030023a.jpg
>
>And the Old church of Sees
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Normandy/_1030080a.jpg
>
>Some details inside the church, 800 ISO nothing has been done but size
>control for presenting here:
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Normandy/_1030066a.jpg
>
>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/Normandy/_1030064a.jpg

HI Xavier!

Very nice!  I liked 23a and 64a the best.

Are these jpegs from the jpg+RAW setting, or are they developed from
the RAW files?

If they are from the .jpgs (as I think they are), try developing the
RAW files in Silkypix (use the 14 day free trial bit, after
downloading the paid version), tweak the exposure a bit, and bring up
the black level.  I think you'll see a huge improvement!

These 4/3rds cameras are, it seems, very capable
instruments.  Nothing wrong with the noise level at 800 ISO in your
shots!  I just wish the finders were visually larger and brighter, so
I could manually focus my Telyt 400 + 2x.  Too bad, as they are
obviously good picture making machines, as well as being lightweight,
compact and relatively inexpensive!

Keep up the good work!