[LRflex] Digilux Blues: Leica factory "lost" my lens, oh Yeah :)

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:23:43 +0200

Hello to all.

A while ago, I mentionned that the lens of the Digilux 3 went bact under
warranty for a mechanical default on the zoom ring. Apparently it's a common
disease, a design flaw :(

Whatever, Leica gives a warranty of over 2 years.

But now, let's come to the "funniest" part of my story: the reputed Maison du
Leica of Paris has sent the lens back to Germany but the parcel never arrived
to the factory. They are still trying to locate it, after 6 weeks.

The manager of the shop was mysteriously shy when he explained the situation.
Not his common attitude, I dare say.

Let's give here a modern translation of the Archimed principle: wich ever lens
immersed at the Leica factory that does not pop back after some weeks, can be
considered as ... lost for ever?????
(Oscar...) Tabarnak as they say in Quebec :(
---------------------------------Xavier F. BILLE Maisons-Alfort - France.
Explore the seven wonders of the world