[LRflex] Re: Digilux 3

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:42:13 +0200

Don't get sore Gary - you are the one who introduced us to the Oleica
and Panalympics (winks heavily)
You are absolutely right to say that LV (whatever the form) is a MUST
have on any future advanced camera. How could anyone do without when
you've tried it for a while. This point I'm also trying to make on the
list: trying is believeing, and using BTW.

About a war between Oly and Panaleica ? no worry - only the result
matters, and yours prove far superior to any result from the Leicumix I
have seen - might be the talents of the photographer too BTW.

Just for fun - a couple of months ago I visited the French version of
the Leica site and discovered that the photos posted there had been shot
with an Oly ... I wrote to Leica in Germany and immediately got an
answer from Leica France, who apologised and thanked me (when Leica
branches want to communicate, they know how to BTW). On the same
morning, the photos had gone and been replaced by true (exif says it)
Leica photos poached from the US site ... Oly vs Leica doesn't exit, but
in people who can't see the end results are about the same.

Relax Gary - this is a world of brutes, photography is an art; I never
meant to be offensive. *If you feel I have, I do apologize.

Yours,
Most respectfully
Phil...x