[LRFlex] Re: Digi-Modul-R delay...

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:55:09 +0000

David, All,

Just a quick word: Spoke to a Leica Dealer, he sez that Leica is past on delivery of M Summilux 50 Asph and Digital Modul and other products

This dealer Double Expo kindly handed a invitation to a Leica gathering in Studio Harcourt in 2 weeks.

FWIW
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Digi-Modul-R delay...
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:27:38 -0800

All!

In keeping with a long tradition of not delivering an up-to-date product on time, Leica today said:

At product introduction we announced that a serial production was planned for December 2004. We regretfully must inform you that we will not be able to adhere to this plan. We now assume that the first deliveries will be in April 2005

The reason for this delay is that some software components that are needed for the universal insertion of the digital solution could not be realized up to our standards
until now. A need for additional programming has surfaced. We want to be absolutely sure that the LEICA DIGITAL-MODUL-R is fully functional before delivery starts. Based on the fact that it is rightly expected of us to fulfill the expectations and to produce a near perfect product, then this can be seen as the only right decision.

They are, of course, right. Better to get it right the first time out, than suffer the loss of reputation such as occurred with the R8. However, it will be a huge disappointment to all, including Stasys who, I believe, has one on order.

[sigh]

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm