[LRFlex] Re: Digi-Modul-R delay...

  • From: Stasys Petravicius <stasys1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:34:53 -0800

on 11/22/04 9:27 AM, David Young at dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

All!

In keeping with a long tradition of not delivering an up-to-date product on
time, Leica today said:

At product introduction we announced that a serial production was planned
for December 2004. We regretfully must inform you that we will not be able
to adhere to this plan. We now assume that the first deliveries will be in
April 2005

The reason for this delay is that some software components that are needed
for the universal insertion of the digital solution could not be realized up
to our standards
until now. A need for additional programming has surfaced. We want to be
absolutely sure that the LEICA DIGITAL-MODUL-R is fully functional before
delivery starts. Based on the fact that it is rightly expected of us to
fulfill the expectations and to produce a near perfect product, then this
can be seen as the only right decision.

They are, of course, right.  Better to get it right the first time out, than
suffer the loss of reputation such as occurred with the R8.  However, it
will be a huge disappointment to all, including Stasys who, I believe, has
one on order.

[sigh]

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
       http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
       http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm

David- that is true- I'll have to shoot film a little longer- which is fine!
Stasys