[LRflex] Re: Diesel R9

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Harold,
   I read this line in your great post and it's stuck in my head a little bit.
"Leica has said it won't cooperate with Panasonic if lens
corrections are done in camera". which is de'rigeour in the 4/3rds processor
world and as you stated "they have already branded one lens - the Panasonic
Leica 45mm f2.8
Macro - as a Leica lens - so, so much for that resolution".  I am left quite
puzzled by Leica's stance in the matter because doesn't the M8/M9 digital
rangefinders utilize in camera lens corrections to 'fix' the abberrations and
light falloff issues with R/F lenses not playing well with digital sensors?.
There must be more to the situation here and didn't Leica attempt to push a
4/3rds camera and lenses?

Richard in Michigan