[LRflex] Re: Design catastrophe

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 00:30:44 -0700

Noel wrote:

I agree with Douglas about the catastrophic design of the R8/9, but I would like the R10 to be based on the R3,

Hi Noel!

Why is it that just about everybody who feels the R8/9 is a design disaster are the folks who've never owned one?

I too thought it a disaster when I fist saw it. But after using one for several years, I learned to love it. It is the most intuitive design I've ever seen in a camera. A delight to hold and use. It even handles fairly well with the DMR ... though that does make it a monstrosity for size and weight.

And when you've used it loved it, you come to find it beautiful, as well.

I'm glad you like your R3 ... my first Leica was an R3 and it's a great camera. But I wouldn't trade my R8 for one!