[LRFlex] Re: Demises

  • From: GREG LORENZO <gregj.lorenzo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:17:39 -0700

Noel Yates writes in part:

> We seem to be under some form of attack, us film users. As James
> Bond said "Once is circumstance, twice is happenstance, three times is enemy
> action."

> At least half the joy of photography for me is in the developing
> and printing of black and white images. Perhaps it's time to stockpile
> materials. Thank goodness I have a good selection of mechanical
> Leicas, Leicaflexes and Hasselblads and a decent darkroom setup to see me out.

I dropped off some Tri-x for development at the local family owned Professional
Lab I use for film development (I only do my own silver prints). I asked Ed
(the owner) if he had any plans to commence offering digital file creation and
printing anytime soon. He responded that although his colour film development
and printing business had slowed he seen a more significant increase in B&W
film developing and printing.

He calls this "digital backlash".

Regards,

Greg