[LRflex] Re: Decisive Moments

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:13:23 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, Charlie, I have no certain idea about the topic, but 'checked swings'
are more generally a description for an attempt to NOT swing and definitely not
make contact with the ball in order to not get called for a strike for swinging
at a pitch outside the strike zone. Hitting and swings and follow throughs are
a 'Dark Art' to me and how any flippin body hits well a ball coming in at 90
miles an hour is beyond me!
   As for whether my other image is of a 'strike', I'd say it was based a) on
the image itself and b) my teams hitters did a magnificent job striking out for
most of the game!
Richard